On the Anniversary of George Washington’s birth, let’s contrast three statements from our selfless first president with three from our selfie president. It’s pretty easy to guess who said which.
- To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.
- If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am President, it is the first thing I will do. (jjreview.com)
- The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon.
- But I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, the Colonial culture nascent at that time. (newsmax.com)
- Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals.
- We’re not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help they need. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone. (WashingtonCBSlocal.com)